100



That number holds a bit of heft.  When I see 100, I think immediately a short list of words:

  • Accomplishment
  • Perfection
  • All
  • Whole
  • Complete
Maybe this reveals a bit about me and my tendency to be results driven and very FIRE aspect dominant.  :-)  

One word that typically does not come to mind however is HAPPY.  That is until recently.  There is a challenge called 100 Happy Days and being that we just passed 100 days remaining in the year I thought that it would be the perfect way to end 2015.




I find this challenge very engaging since it enforces that happiness is a choice and that every day we have something to be happy about... you just have to look.

Since today is Day 3, I had some catching up to do but here are the first 3 days of my 100 Happy Days experiment:


Day 1 - I am happy to be starting over in my training.  Again. And not for the last time. ;-)

Day 2 - I am happy for my husband and his sense of humor.  He makes me laugh through my tears and always knows exactly what I need, when I need it. 

Day 3 - I am happy to have so many State Parks and Metroparks here in Michigan and Ohio, so close to me.  I love working out in the parks because it is fun and it gives you a chance to connect with the world, like the ACTUAL world; mother nature and all of the creatures and ecosystems which surround us that we may never see because we are too stuck in our phones and to do lists.



I know that there is a lot of negativity out there but I am choosing to find something every single day to be happy about and grateful for.  So what are you happy for today?  What are you happy for every day?   Can you be happy for 100 days straight?  It is not too late to join in the challenge!  





In health with a HAPPY heart, 



The Iron Seashell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022: I Proudly Race with BASE Performance #whythisteam

What is the hardest part of Ironman? Reflecting back on journeys past and the friend who had the audacity to call me out on my fears.