THE GOALS: 2016 edition


I am in a Facebook group that is about getting ahead of our 2016 New Year Resolutions.  I am in the place now where I am looking ahead to the new year and seeing what I want to put my energy into. 

So here are some of the goals I am putting my energy into achieving, as well as how I want to help others achieve their goals too!

THE GOALS: 2016 edition




GYM RAT
I have such a weak upper body, but some strong legs.  I can muscle through a lot but this year I need to be real about gym goals because I need to balance out this body!

A bonus to strength work is body composition change and more muscle = more ability to burn baby burn those calories.

GOALS:  Strength at least 2 times per week - core included - and workout at the gym on average 3 times per week over the course of the year.




RUN A RUN A DO RUN RUN, RUN A DO RUN

Since I am not planning on a solo long distance event this year, but rather relays events with my husband and some shorter traithlons, this gives me a chance to really focus on my run.

It is by far the weakest of the three sports for me and I am finding the love for running solo once again.

My outseason plan from EN includes a focus on run durability and run accountability so this is something that I am very very excited about!

GOAL: Put my run training on plan as priority over bike and swim this year since I am not going longer events require lots of cycling hours right now.








YOGA , MEDITATION, AND THE DRY SAUNA

I am really enjoying my yoga time and my meditation time.  It is helping with stress relief as well as provides the needed release of lactic acid and functional stretching to keep my body on the mend after the many workouts it endures.





GOALS:  Keep with Recovery Yoga at least 1 per week in class, Meditate daily, and dry sauna after every gym workout, at least 4 times per week. 







TEAM FATTY

My husband and I are competing in Ironman 70.3 OHIO next August as a kick off to our 4th wedding anniversary, and as such as have some goals for our legs of the relay we are doing under the name "TEAM FATTY" in honor of our fat pugs.  ;-)


GOALS: SWIM - Jenniferlyn - sub 45 minutes,  BIKE - Mike - sub 3:45, RUN - Jenniferlyn - 2:17







WOMEN FOR TRI, MAKE WAVES!

As an ambassador for Ironman's Women For Tri initiative, my goal is to inspire 3 women to get into some form of active lifestyle over the course of 2015.

Be it running their first 5k or even just for fun, getting someone into the gym to work out and build confidence in themselves, or try their first triathlon - I really want to encourage others to get out and make some waves, switch it up - go for it!

GOALS:  3 women. Are you one of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022: I Proudly Race with BASE Performance #whythisteam

What is the hardest part of Ironman? Reflecting back on journeys past and the friend who had the audacity to call me out on my fears.