2017: Big Goals because Resolutions are Crap!

I had a phone call with my coach, Coach P over at Endurance Nation last October and we set forth a POA to get me back on track.

Patrick is the tri-whisperer and as far as I am concerned the best there is.  He gets it on such a deep level, a psychological level not just the physical. He get how to COACH not just preach or plan.


While my goals are many for the coming year, the real achievement will not rest on a timing mat at the end of some long day of self-propelled motion. The real achievement lies in having the courage to even start.  In my discussion with Coach we discussed milestones for this first phase of the plan.

I have literally never started a year of training with such pure motivation.  I feel like having my sister-in-law, husband, and brother-in-law training for the same races it helps that my whole family gets me and I can do this without sacraficing time with them because we are in it together.

This especially rings true for time with my husband.  He is in training for a 24 hour race this June, and with my Ironman this means that we have opportunity to ride long distances together or at least during the same time so that we are maximizing our training while growing stronger and healthier together.

New Year New me?  Nope - New Year New Opportunity for Awesome!

My big scary goals for 2018:

#1 PR IMFL
When? 
November 3rd

How?

  1. Consistency in training specifically run
  2. Patience with myself as I start back on this journey
  3. Fearlessness when it comes to putting in the time and effort and going for it


#2 Have a STRONG run at Gulf Coast and Ohio
When?
May 12th and July 29th

How?

  1. Consistency in training specifically run
  2. Patience with myself as I start back on this journey
  3. Fearlessness when it comes to putting in the time and effort and going for it


#3 Lose 30% of my current body weight
When? 
Happy Goal: November 3rd
  • Be down 5% by March 1st, 20% by July 1st, and goal weight by November 3rd.  
Super happy goal: August 11th
  • Be down 5% by Feb 15th, 20% by June 1st, and goal weight by August 11th.  
Rockstar Goal:
  • Be down 5% by Feb 1st, 20% by May 12th, and goal weight by June 29th.  

How?

  1. Consistency/Patience/Fearlessness
  2. Food tracking for the short term
  3. Follow a clean and whole food based diet - Whole90 to start with,  to break habits, Modified moving forward by adding back in whole grains, legumes, etc. keeping out diary and refined sugars i..e Pegan (Paleo-Vegan)
  4. Breaking food habits to learn new ones focused on FUEL for workouts and recovery


I have a full on support system going between Fraser Bicycle, Endurance Nation, BASE Performance, and Coeur Sports The Collective Beat communities I am feeling so supported and armed ready to go!




Let's do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022: I Proudly Race with BASE Performance #whythisteam

What is the hardest part of Ironman? Reflecting back on journeys past and the friend who had the audacity to call me out on my fears.